Indiana Business Attorney - Brian V Powers
Brian Powers represents business clients in a variety of corporate transactional matters, with an emphasis on entreprenurial legal services, startup law, mergers and acquisitions, and internet law / software licensing. Indiana business attorney Brian Powers also advises established business clients on a broad range of matters, including complex business and commercial transactions, real estate, regulatory compliance, business advisory services. strategic planning, business restructurings, and general corporate counseling. His clients have included companies in the technology, software, real estate, healthcare, manufacturing, construction, advertising & marketing, hospitality, retail sector, auto auction and private equity sectors.
Before becoming an attorney, Brian Powers was an entrepreneur, founding and operating two different internet start-up companies, engaging in all aspects of the start-up process including entity formation, business planning, and raising capital via private placement from angel investors. Prior to his entrepreneurial years, he worked as an environmental engineer for a large Indianapolis based engineering consulting firm. These experiences prior to practicing law allow Brian Powers to better understand the business and legal needs of his clients, allowing him to advise clients in a meaningful, easy to understand manner.
- Indiana School of Law, Indianapolis -Juris Doctor
- Syracuse University -B.S., Environmental Engineering
- American Bar Association
- Member - CyberSpace Law Committee
- Member - Electronic Commerce Subcommittee
- Member - Internet Law Subcommittee
- Member - Privacy and Date Security Subcommittee
- Member - Malware Subcommittee
- Member - Internet Governance Subcommittee
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Hamilton County (IN) Bar Association
- State of Indiana
- United States District Court - Southern District of Indiana
- United States District Court - Northern District of Indiana
- Representing the Startup or Early Stage Company - Indiana Bar Association
- Operating a Low Overhead, Virtual Law Firm - Indiana Bar Association
Significant Continuing Legal Education
- Regulation D and Private Offerings - 2011, 2012
- Corporate Merger and Acquisitions - 2012
Contact Indiana business attorney Brian V Powers.